How To Get Unstuck In Life And Business
I confess to enjoying a glass of wine at the end of the week.
Last Friday was no exception.
I had a productive week of client calls. And, I took some ‘Me Time’ to review my personal values.
So, you’d think this particular glass of Chianti would feel like a well-deserved reward.
But it didn’t.
As I sat on the couch to unwind and lifted the glass, I noticed that something was different.
The wine didn’t have its usual aromatic appeal.
You see, one of my personal values is health & fitness. And, though I knew I ought to attend a fitness class that evening, but quite frankly, I didn’t feel like it.
My mind was in conflict.
Values versus vino 🙂
The truth is, we’re never going to feel like it.
It’s our job to make ourself do the stuff we don’t want to do, so we can become the person we’re supposed to be.
We need to STOP WAITING to feel like it, and force ourself to activate our energy.
When we feel stuck, it’s a signal that our actions are not in sync with our values. Moreover, it’s may be a sign that our soul’s need for exploration is not fulfilled.
The only way to get what we want, is to force ourself to get it.
It doesn’t matter how we feel. It matters what we want.
Often that means leaving comfort behind and pushing through when we don’t feel like it.
Knowing this, I made a decision. I put down the glass of wine, packed my gym bag and made it to the fitness class. Whoo hoo!
The reward of sticking to our values, has its own sweet taste of heightened self-esteem and self-trust.
And isn’t that the true taste of reward?
Here are 10 questions to activate your energy to get what you want:
- Am I simply reacting to what life throws at me or am I actively creating the life I want, even though it may not always be easy?
- What would it take to build the life I want for myself and my loved ones?
- What is the legacy or change in the world I want to be?
- Who do I need to become?
- What do I need to stop doing or let go of?
- How will I feel if I am actively participating in the design of my life?
- What will be the positive impact, of leading by example, on those I love?
- Which opportunities am I avoiding because I don’t feel like it?
- How will I feel about myself in 10 years time, if my life doesn’t change.
- What is my next best step to lead the life I want?
Did you like this article? Leave a comment below with your feedback. I’d love to hear from you.
Supporting your success,
PS: Want to skyrocket your coaching business to success? Book a complimentary strategy session with me, no salesy talk, just tons of value. Select a date & time convenient for you CLICK HERE
PPS: Get my step-by-step blueprint for a 6-figure coaching business at the Eat Pray Learn Retreat in Tuscany, Italy. LEARN MORE